Using multiple colors to get an effective result is a difficult task. Here are some tips to make your combinations look more professional:
- Colors from opposite extremes of the chromatic spectrum should be mixed together. Examples are purple and yellow, red and green, and blue and orange.
- Closely related colors, such as red with orange and maroon, blue with purple and bluish green, or green with lime and greenish yellow, should be blended.
- Combining several shades of the same color, such as fuchsia with a softer pink or even pastel, is a great way to make a statement.
- White, black, beige, and gray are all neutral colors that complement everything.
- Wear no more than three different colors to avoid appearing pompous.
Test out your favorite colors!
Source: Backstory Contents